[Boatanchors] FS Restored Shortwave Receiver Hallicrafters WR-600

Howard Holden holden7471 at msn.com
Sun Apr 17 21:48:12 EDT 2016

Charlie, I already have one of these, but a brief story about em - back in
1967-68 I had my own Gitmo call sign KG4DF. Used a WR-600 I bought at the
PX, and a Knight T-60 transmitter my dad sent me, low 15/20 dipole strung
between two palm trees, and a ground plane antenna made from curtain rods
for 10 meters. Worked all over the place on 10/15/20 CW and AM, lots of DX
and all states except HI. 10M AM was my preferred band at that time, and
with the BFO/regen control set almost to oscillation, and a small Ameco tube
preamp a kind ham from Indiana sent me, the WR-600 did an admirable job.
Also used it for BC DXing in the wee hours of the night. And the freq
coverage is .5 Mhz (not .5 Khz) to 30.....a nice little radio to play around
with!

73 Howie WB2AWQ