[Boatanchors] Has anyone ever cut the glass top off a miniature tube to re-use the base?

Bob Groh bob.groh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 12:53:12 EDT 2016

>From my web search so far on 7-pin miniature tube dimensions, here is what
I have found:
JEDEC E7-1 small-button miniature 7-pin
Tube pins: 1.06 mm diameter (0.040 inches). Pins are arranged on a 3/8"
diameter circle, 45 degrees angular separation ('8th' pin not there).  I
measured (on a OA2 tube) the pin length at 6 mm or just a smidge under 1/4"

Keystone does have pins that are 0.40" diameter - both tin and gold plated.
Cost (tin plated) is about 11 cents each in qty 100. I can send better
details if needed (i.e. web link etc from Mouser which is where I got this
data). The Keystone pins are solid brass with coating as noted - they have
a flange and swage onto the pc board.

FYI 18 gauge wire is 0.040 inches diameter.

Hope this helps.  Would love someone to come up with small PCB for this.
Would be delighted to collaborate on this with you.

Bob Groh, WA2CKY