[Boatanchors] Off Topic but I think still of interest to those interested in military radios

Bruce Long coolbrucelong at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 24 16:18:30 EST 2016

Hello:Last July my wife and I and our two kids moved into a small house in Arlington Virgina.  Arlington is a Wash DC suburb.  Google says our house is 7 miles from the White House.  I think all of you know DC and much of the rest of the US east coast is digging out from a big snow storm.
Earlier today I was outside working with my neighbors.  We were helping each other dig out our drive ways so we could get our cars out in.  Our neighbor, Denny , an older gentleman showed up with a big snow blower.  Denny and his wife live across the street and one house west from my house.  Denny helped all of us.  He refused gas money and worked unceasingly.
It is really nice having such neighbors.  I have benefited many times in prior neighborhoods before from generous neighbors with snow removal equipment but never before have I had my drive way snow blow-ed clear ......  by a retired four star US Army General, former Army Chief of Staff.
Somehow Thank you for your Service does not seem adequate.
Bruce  KJ3Z