[Boatanchors] FS Like NIB Drake TR-4C transceiver

Charlie Hugg k5mbx at suddenlink.net
Sat Jan 30 15:16:55 EST 2016

FS Drake TR-4C transceiver. This TR-4C is close to finding a new one in the
box. I have the original box, manual, warranty card, etc. I also have the
original sale receipt when it was purchased in March 1975 from Moory
Electronics/Hoss Trader Ed and paper work from Drake when it was sent in by
the original owner for service a couple of times. When I purchased this
transceiver, it had set for many years unused. I did have to replace a can
capacitor to eliminate hum in the receive audio. I used the correct
capacitor that fit right in the top of the chassis. I have not had to do
anything else to it. The only problem that I have noticed recently is that
after it has been on for awhile, the receive signal drops out. But when I
click the PTT on and off, the audio come right back. I am pretty sure that
the plug in relay needs cleaning. I pulled it out and looked at it. It looks
new, but I am getting too old to try and clean those little relay contacts.
Cosmetically it is in excellent condition. Chassis looks new. Pictures
available. I am asking $375 plus shipping. Thanks, Charlie Hugg, K5MBX