[Boatanchors] Anyone know where I can purchase a front panel power on-off switch for a Collins 30L-1 ?

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Tue Nov 1 19:42:49 EDT 2016

Hello everyone !

I'm repairing/restoring a Collins 30L-1 linear amplifier.

The front panel power switch is defective.

It's a double-pole single-throw switch - that allows the use of either 120
or 240 VAC to power the unit. One set of contacts is permanently open.
Repeated "exercising" of the switch hasn't helped.

It's Collins part number 266-6020-00 described in the manual in page 6-2 as
S2 SWITCH, ROCKER: dpst; 20 amps, 125 vac, 10 amps, 250 vac.

So far Bob Grinnell at Surplus Sales of Nebraska and the good folks at Fair
Radio Sales haven't responded to my email requests of a couple of days ago
asking if they might have one for sale.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance !!

Mike/