[Boatanchors] Allied A-2516 tuner

Steve Mulder smulder3 at cox.net
Wed Nov 23 16:14:00 EST 2016

Thanks to all who offered suggestions on how to get the tuner moving
smoothly.

As in turns out, it was more of a mechanical problem than a lubrication
problem. This radio had been dropped (or maybe thrown) during shipping.
The weight of the transformer seriously deformed the sheet metal, and
the dial wheel was rubbing against the chassis. I have never used a
hammer and a crowbar on a radio before, but in this case it seemed
necessary. Everything is nearly square and moving smoothly now, and I'm
receiving a few signals with a test lead for an antenna. A rough start,
but it looks like it will be a keeper.

Steve
KG7CCS