[Boatanchors] helping with estate

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at msn.com
Mon Aug 14 22:48:21 EDT 2017

I'm trying to help a friend of mine see what interest there might be in her father's collection of equipment, old and new.  She doesn't want to sell it as a lot to an estate buyer who has offered, because she is more interested in the pieces getting into the hands of us who will use it, instead of trying to make a bunch of money.

She is going through and taking pictures so I can help advise her, but here's what we have in the first bunch...

- Viking Valiant

- Yaesu FT 101B

-Icom 7600

- Heil Pr 40 microphone

- BK 1471B scope

- Grundig Satellit 800 shortwave receiver

- Icom Icom IC-R70 receiver

- Icom IC-7600

She says there's a lot more, including at least 10 vintage pieces, with many of them in the original boxes.  There's equipment from modern stuff like the 7600 to 50s and 60s gear.   As she lets me know what else, I will post here, but thought I'd start with these.

No prices have been set yet.  She's not a ham, and knows very little about it.  She's just trying to clear out the house.