[Boatanchors] {Collins} Mystery Navy radio

Bill Carns wcarns at austin.rr.com
Wed Oct 4 15:28:34 EDT 2017

Charlie & Nick

Interesting.  I see something else.  Everyone sees things differently I
guess.  On the transmitter (top unit) I see two little arced windows for
tuning indicators and they are co-located with the (albeit small) tuning
knobs that are below. Those windows - if you look carefully - clearly have
little band or scale labels down each side indicating there are multiple
scales (maybe bands).

The lower half receiver has one of those windows at the top and similar
(maybe) tuning knob at about the same level down as the transmitters.   Both
units seem to have switches that could be band switches.

I think they are tunable.  The two units clearly are a pair and it looks
like (unlike the front panels) that there is just one big master case and
the must be internal wiring between the two because there is a bundle of
wires going in the lower unit and none to the top one.

Maybe I am imagining things but I think I see a key jack on the right hand
side of the lower panel above the other jack.  I can see the "Y" in the
label that has just three letters.  I do not know another likely label that
has only three letters.

So the lower unit (maybe) is receiver and transmitter control and the upper
unit the transmitter (maybe amp).

Curious beast.