[Boatanchors] Anyone know a source for replacement Hallicrafters FPM-300 bandswitch plastic toothed gear wheel?

Mike Langner mlangner at swcp.com
Tue Oct 31 17:58:57 EDT 2017

Hello everyone !

I’m trying to bring an FPM-300 back to life.

Thanks to Greg Trook I have a correct replacement toothed belt for the
bandswitch shafts that must turn together, but the transceiver I got from
EBay some years back is missing one of the little nylon or plastic toothed
gear wheels – the unit, of course, needs two of them – one on each of the
two shafts that must turn together.

Might anyone know where I could obtain another one?

Nothing I’ve found (yet) at McMaster Carr comes close --

If none are available, I’ll look for someone with a 3D printer and see what
it would cost to duplicate this one.

It’s not clear to me that a 3D scanner and printer could/would duplicate
both the outer features (flanges and teeth) and also duplicate the unusual
almost-oval hole for the shaft.  In order to make the little toothed belt
gear wheel not slip on the control shaft, the control shafts are ¼ inch with
two opposing flat sides, so drilling a round hold won’t work.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer !

Mike/
K5MGR

Mike Langner
929 Alameda Road NW