[Boatanchors] frozen potentiometer

Steve Mulder smulder3 at cox.net
Mon Sep 25 16:47:56 EDT 2017

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

I have tried contact cleaner and WD-40, but no luck yet. The pot. is
spring clipped to the back of a range switch, and the pot. shaft runs
through the hollow shaft of the range switch. The pot. isn't stuck on
the range switch shaft. I can't use a hammer until I remove the
potentiometer, because of the spring clip. Maybe things will start to
move when the spring clip isn't pulling on the pot. shaft. I'll pick up
some Blaster PB and go back at it tonight.

btw, I have heard that Kroil might be better than Blaster PB, but I can
only find Kroil online and I don't want to wait a week for it to ship.

Steve