[Boatanchors] UPS trashing - Requium

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at msn.com
Wed Dec 19 13:17:09 EST 2018

Well, looks like there may be a good ending to the HA350 saga after all.   After informing UPS that I intended to file suit against them this week for the damaged receiver and their refusal to respond to the insurance claim, I got a call yesterday informing me that they would be sending me a check in the next 7 to 10 days.  I'll use it to repay the buyer.  Meanwhile, I end up with the damaged receiver which he already paid me for.
SO...  I decided to just part it out.  I have too many other projects to work on.  SO, I have received inquiries from several of about parts for your own 350s.  However, I will first offer it up to anyone who wants a good winter restoration project.  The damage is largely to the cabinet.  The front panel is still in good shape, and from what I can see, there is no major damage to the circuitry, just some audio problems which may or may not be a tube failure now.
If anyone is interested in taking it and restoring it, I will make a good deal.  I'm not looking to make a lot of money because both I and the buyer have been compensated.
If there's no response before the weekend, I will go ahead and part it out and contact those who asked about components.  Parting it out could also give me a good power transformer for a power supply for other projects like converters, etc.