[Boatanchors] Article on changing from 2 to 3 wire power cords

David Rossetti drossetti at comcast.net
Wed Aug 7 13:51:14 EDT 2019

According to Wikipedia, on a subject entitled Cheater Plugs, "In 1969 Underwriters Laboratories mandated three-prong plugs on major appliances for safety", and "At that time, only half of the receptacles in US homes were three-prong." Additionally, "In 1971, the US National Electrical Code (NEC) required grounded receptacles in all locations of the home (effective January 1, 1974)."

Dave Rossetti

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid