[Boatanchors] 4X150A with strange label

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 22 10:28:35 EDT 2019

Many tubes were branded as being from a certain manufacturer but were actually made by another manufacturer.  These were not confined to "private brand" tubes for equipment manufacturers like Hallicrafters, Gonset, etc., but also with replacement tubes and so forth.

Amperex was one of the tube manufacturers that often supplied tubes that had the brands of others on them.  I have seen a lot of like 5894 tubes (I may even still have some) with both Amperex and Motorola or Amperex and General Electric on them.

There was a lot of cooperation among the tube manufacturers as well as with the OEM.

Glen, K9STH
Website: https://k9sth.net