[Boatanchors] FS: Raw Alpha/ETO 6 meter amp

Charlie Hugg k5mbx at suddenlink.net
Sat May 4 16:07:50 EDT 2019

I am selling for a friend of mine an unusual Alpha amplifier that has been
converted to 6 meters.  It was initially made for Medical use operating on
64 MHz in the 1980s, so conversion to  50-54Mhz was not that difficult. It
has a brand new single Eimac 3CX800A7. It uses a Hypersil transformer.

It is built to the super quality of ETO amplifiers of the era. Looks similar
to the Alpha 78 and 76 amplifiers. My friend got this amplifier new when it
was discontinued and converted it to 6 meters. He also made up an accessory
device  to provide push to take for using it with a transceiver. Pictures of
the amplifier and the interface to the transceiver device will be provided
on request. This device consists of a 12 volt dc power supply, a relay box,
and some cables to plug in to the amp and the transceiver. Everything else
on the amplifier looks pretty stock.

I have seen the amp in operation.  I remember that my friend told me that
Alpha only made a few of these amplifiers. He was very proud of it. He wants
$1975 for the amplifier plus shipping. Thanks, Charlie Hugg, K5MBX