[Boatanchors] FS: Rare Alpha/ETO 6 meter amp

Charlie Hugg k5mbx at suddenlink.net
Sat May 18 15:12:26 EDT 2019

FS: Rare Alpha/ETO 6 meter amp. I am selling for a friend an unusual Alpha
amplifier that has been converted to 6 meters. It was made for Medical use
operating on 64 MHz, so conversion to 50-54Mhz was not that difficult. It
has a new single Eimac 3CX800A7 installed. It uses a Hypersil transformer.
It is built to the super quality of ETO amplifiers of that era. There is an
outboard interface device consisting of a 12 volt dc power supply, a relay
box, and some cables to plug in to the amp and the transceiver. Pictures
available.  I have seen the amp in operation. My friend told me that Alpha
only made a few of these amplifiers. He was very proud of it. Price is $1475
for the amplifier plus shipping. Thanks, Charlie Hugg, K5MBX