[Boatanchors] Boatanchors Used on Boats

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Mon Sep 9 07:09:17 EDT 2019

I just read the incredible bio of Elizebeth Friedman, a pioneer cryptanalyst.
Aside from crucial contributions to WWI AND WWII crypto work, she ran the Coast Guard's
crypto shop that chased rum runners during Prohibition.
Does anyone have info on this work, the radios or people involved?
I'm guessing there were a couple of radio wizards to whom the bootleggers turned for their designs/installations, given the necessity for discretion...
The book is "The Woman who Smashed Codes" and it's in some libraries or pretty cheaply on Ebay.
Her husband, William, was also a crypto pioneer who gave heroic service, at the expense of his health.
Wilson
W4BOH