[Boatanchors] Bud Radio Frequency Calibrator question

Frank Barnes fbw4npn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 11:05:49 EST 2021

See this illustration:
https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/budradioin_frequency_calibrator_fcc_90.html

The 6SK7 in this illustration is a far different tube than the 117L7.
 This original FCC-90 was designed to be powered by filament and B+
voltages taken from the receiver.  Later versions contained their own power
supply.   Perhaps the one you have was converted to be a self-powered
unit?   Look at the underside to see evidence of re-wiring?

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 9:07 AM Dave Hollander <n7rk at cox.net> wrote:

> I found a Bud Radio Frequency radio crystal calibrator model FCC-90 in
> my junk yesterday.
>
> Google search only brings up the later model FCC-90A using a 35W4 and a
> 50C5.
>
> Mine is the older model with an octal tube in it. Currently a 117L7GT.
> Is this the correct tube for the older unit?
>
> Photo:   http://n7rk.com/radiostuff9/fcc90_Bud.jpg
>
> Tnx es 73,
>
> Dave N7RK
>
> --