[Boatanchors] FS "Wheatsone" tape perforator and keyer AND/OR 3-gate TTY/CW keyer

n0tt1 at juno.com n0tt1 at juno.com
Fri Jan 7 23:43:55 EST 2022

Hi Gents,

I have a paper tape perforator (perf), probably made by Teletype Corp,
and
a partly homebrew keyer/reader for the paper tape....both items for sale.

The perf comes with a solid cherry-wood cabinet with a built-in power
supply and a place for the tape supply.

It's very similar to what W1AW used to use for bulletins and code
practice
back in the 40?-60's.  I used it for re-sending W1AW-issued bulletins.

The perf comes with a fairly large supply of 2-level paper tape and a
manual....you won't run out anytime soon!!

The keyer comes with two reels.

If you live within driving distance of ~Kansas City, MO you may have
the roll-around desk that the units are sitting on.

I'd prefer not to ship, but if I do the cost will be at least $100 more
just
for packing/crating.  The perf is heavy, but about the size of a small
typewriter.

If you pick up the units, I have another perf that you may have for parts
OR to get it working.

No photos have been taken yet but I can do so if there is any serious
interest in these units.

I'm asking $750 for the two units but, as mentioned, there will be
other items available for free with the sale.
--------
Now, about the 3-gate (Multi-gate keyer) keyer.  It was originally used
for sending TTY
messages from the Air Force's SAC HQ "underground" in Omaha.
It has been converted to send CW with standard 5-level paper tape.
It can be used to send either up to 3 messages or up to 6 messages.
I used to use it for sending contest exchanges.  I might have the
manual for it....not sure.

The gates are independently controlled by solenoids/clutch which
are remote controlled.  The unit's motor is equipped with "100-speed"
gears.  I'm pretty sure I have the 60-speed gears if you want to use it
for standard RTTY messaging.  The unit comes with a wood box that is used
for sound control.

If you have access to old CQ mags, it's on the cover of the January, 1963
issue with some info inside.

I'm asking $200 for it and the control unit.

73,
Charlie, N0TT