[Boatanchors] Knight-kit Star Roamer

SGS 126 brloper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:16:46 EDT 2022

I was able to located an unbuild Star Roamer in the box dated Jan 1969.
Essentially the same radio I bought and assembled in June of 1969. When I
got the radio I had visions of building the radio like I did 53 years ago
but now I’m having second thoughts about it.  I’m wondering if I did build
the radio I know I would need to buy a few new parts for example the
electrolytic in the power supply and I wondered about just building it with
all new capacitors and replacing any resistors out of tolerance.  I also
realize the shortwave world is nothing like it was in 1969.  So now I have
a kit and I’m wondering if I should just leave it in the box.  It’s given
me a new perspective on trying to relive the past.

Ben KJ4CC