[calix-nsp] IPv6 status

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Mon Sep 13 15:31:18 EDT 2010

On 13/09/10 14:20 -0500, Brian Johnson wrote:
>Sorry for the late reply.
>
>AFAIK... Calix does not support IPv6 on its C7 or F5 platforms. This is
>due to these platforms being L3 aware and having no IPv6 capability.
>
>Is this correct? Any comments?

With regards to the C7 platform - if you configure a Routed virtual bridge,
then the platform performs layer 3 functions on any traffic passed
upstream, and IPv6 does not work. That's not true for a Switched virtual
bridge, which is layer 3 agnostic. I've successfully tested IPv6 over a
switched virtual bridge on an ADSL circuit.

I don't have any personal experience with the F5 platform.

--
Dan White
BTC Broadband
Fax 918.366.6610            email: dwhite at olp.net