[cisco-bba] L2TP QoS

Thomas Bridge thomas at wibble.to
Wed Oct 15 11:56:32 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 07:58:44AM -0700, Greg Burns (gdburns) wrote:

> At 03:22 PM 10/15/2003 +0100, Thomas Bridge wrote:

> >Hi folks,

> >Is there a way to mark the L2TP packet depending on the IP packet that
> >is encapsulated in it?

> Yes.  Configure ip tos relect under the vpdn-group.

I found that on the cisco site but in 12.2(16)B1 it doesn't show up
after when you go "l2tp ip tos ?", so that threw me.

I've now added it:

vpdn-group 2
 accept-dialin
  protocol l2tp
  virtual-template 2
 terminate-from hostname xxxxxx
 lcp renegotiation on-mismatch
 l2tp tunnel password 7 xxxxxx
 ip tos reflect

The L2TP traffic goes out an ATM subinterface but the following access
list shows all traffic have precedence of 0:

Extended IP access list TEST
    10 permit ip any any precedence immediate
    20 permit ip any any precedence priority
    30 permit ip any any precedence routine (7388964 matches)
    40 permit ip any any

Incoming traffic to this router is being marked:

dsl1#sh policy-map in f 0/0
 FastEthernet0/0

  Service-policy input: RADSL

    Class-map: EMAIL (match-all)
      89772 packets, 23259780 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 87000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: access-group name EMAIL
      QoS Set
        precedence 1
          Packets marked 89772

    Class-map: SENSITIVE (match-all)
      590820 packets, 102812402 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 432000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: access-group name TIMESENSITIVE
      QoS Set
        precedence 2
          Packets marked 590820

    Class-map: class-default (match-any)
      3134651 packets, 2588655243 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 11447000 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: any
      QoS Set
        precedence 0
          Packets marked 3134651

Am I missing something, or is there something that I can debug with this?

Thanks,

Thomas