[cisco-bba] LNS issues on a 7301

Arie Vayner ariev at netvision.net.il
Fri Dec 3 03:17:00 EST 2004

You may be hitting some MTU issues?
Try using tcp mss-adjust

Arie

-----Original Message-----
From: cisco-bba-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-bba-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Clayton Zekelman
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 5:19 PM
To: cisco-bba at puck.nether.net
Subject: [cisco-bba] LNS issues on a 7301

We just purchased a new 7301 running 12.3(11)T as an LNS.

Customers are coming in via L2TP tunnels from a Juniper ERX-1400 on an
ATM OC3c interface.

We just cut over from a 6400 NRP-1 running 12.2(15)T1, and now some
customers who terminate in PTA's are having connectivity issues.  These
customers were also working fine on a 6400 NRP-1 running 12.3(9) a few
weeks back.

Currently, it looks as if the customers we tunnel THROUGH the 7301 work
just fine.  Customers terminating are reporting various issues.
Interesting to note that we can ping most of the users from outside our
network just fine.  The ones we can't ping I suspect have ping responses
turned off on their CPE routers.

As a quick fix, I'm tunneling the users through to another LNS.  Any
suggestions?

Here's our Virtual Template:

interface Virtual-Template1
  mtu 1492
  ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/0
  no logging event link-status
  load-interval 30
  peer default ip address pool dynamic1
  ppp authentication pap ppp_local
  ppp authorization ppp_local
  ppp ipcp dns 216.8.137.204 216.8.137.203

---
Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)
344-300 Tecumseh Rd. E.