[cisco-bba] MTU on MWAM

Nitzan Tzelniker nitzan at tzel.net
Sat Dec 25 06:05:58 EST 2004

We are testing a MWAM module on a 7600 sup2 msfc2 that run
12.2(18)SXD2
the MWAM run 12.3(5a)B3.
the problem is that the MWAM can't forward packets larger
than 1526 bytes and its problem if we want to run the MWAM
as LNS.
on the mwam giga0/0 , on the vlan and on the interface vlan
we can configure larger MTU size but on the virtual
interface that connect the mwam to the 7600 you can't
configure the MTU and it show the MTU is only 1500

Nina#sh mwam module 7 port 1 traffic
Specified interface is up line protocol is up (connected)
  Hardware is C6k 1000Mb 802.3, address is 0003.fead.7ce0
(bia 0003.fead.7ce0)
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit, DLY 10 usec

can we change this value ?

Thanks

Nitzan