[cisco-bba] PPPoE & cisco-avpairs

Gordon Smith gsmith at wxc.co.nz
Sun Jul 11 15:06:55 EDT 2004

Thanks to everyone that replied with an answer to this. I found that I had to use aaa auth network shortly after posting... isn't that always the way?  :-)

I'd removed that statement because I was passing back 2 auth requests to the radius servers. The first is an outbound user auth request, which just sends the domain with a passwd of cisco, and the second is the actual user auth request. I guess I can't stop the first request from being passed if I want to use cisco-avpairs.

I can say though that passing back both traffic-shape or rate-limit commands work well. IOS is 12.3(9) IP Plus build

Cheers,
Gordon