[cisco-bba] L2TP and SNMP

Thomas Bridge thomas at wibble.to
Tue Jun 1 09:56:50 EDT 2004

I have the following setup:

a number of LACS (not controlled by but the incumbent telco) creating L2TP
tunnels to our Cisco 7200 running 12.2B.

In some cases this is acting as the LNS for the tunnel (for DOMAIN1) but
for DOMAIN2 it acts as an L2TP "proxy" (vpdn multihop) and forwards the PPP
session onto another device.

I would like to monitor the number of users logged into the 7200 from the
LACs.   Ideally, this would be just the users on DOMAIN1, but DOMAIN2 users
may also count.

Currently I've been using cvpdnSystemSessionTotal from the CISCO-VPDN-MGMT mib,
but I've a feeling this will count DOMAIN2 users twice?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thomas