[cisco-bba] Release 12.3 and VPDN

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Thu Jun 24 14:46:56 EDT 2004

Hello!

I'm bench testing 12.3(9) right now on a Cisco 6400 NRP-1, and am running
into difficulties.

If a PPP session (through PPTP or through L2TP so far...
haven't checked PPPoE) is terminated locally, I can't get data to route
across (no ping, etc.) the link.

I've verified the connection on the client side is set up properly by
having the session forward THROUGH the 12.3(9) box to a 12.2(15)T5 box with
tunnel switching and it works fine.  The session actually establishes, and
the IP is negotiated, but no routing takes place.  I've tried it with cef
disabled also.

Any ideas?

The configurations is virtually identical, but it still won't work.

Here is what I have right now:

aaa authentication login default line
aaa authentication enable default enable
aaa authentication ppp default group radius local
aaa authentication ppp ppp_local group radius
aaa authorization network default local
aaa authorization network ppp_local group radius
aaa accounting delay-start
aaa accounting network default start-stop group radius
aaa session-id common

vpdn enable
vpdn multihop

vpdn-group pptp
! Default PPTP VPDN group
  accept-dialin
   protocol pptp
   virtual-template 1
  lcp renegotiation always

interface Virtual-Template1
  mtu 1460
  ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0/0.5
  no logging event link-status
  peer default ip address pool dynamic1
  ppp authentication pap ppp_local
  ppp authorization ppp_local
  ppp ipcp dns 216.8.137.204 216.8.137.203

---
Clayton Zekelman
Managed Network Systems Inc. (MNSi)
344-300 Tecumseh Rd. E.