[cisco-bba] Multilink PPP over L2TP

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Mar 3 03:49:04 EST 2004

> I guess what I'm driving at with the first question is that, will each
> individual member link count only the size fragment it sends and
> hence the total of all the member links should equal (within reason)
> the multilink bundle interface?

yes, should be, at least when it comes to byte count..

> Can IOS use the unique endpoint discriminator to tie calls into a
> multilink bundle before the authenticated username? (ie using the
> command "multilink bundle-name endpoint")

Yes, it can, but if ppp authentication is configured, IOS will always
authenticate first before forwarding the call.

Can't you do the address allocation on the LNS via local pools (possibly
downloaded from Radius)? If you're running low on IP addresses and can't
afford to provision large-enough pools for every LNS, maybe you can use
on-demand address-pools instead?

	oli