[cisco-bba] HIGH CPU/console/7206

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Apr 7 02:42:58 EDT 2005

Daniel J. Vance <> wrote on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:01 PM:

> Is there a way to dedicate CPU to the AUX port on a 7206vxr?  I
> running into an issue where the router becomes unresponsive due to
> High CPU and I can't even issue commands when hooked up to the AUX
> port.

If your router is unresponsive due to high traffic load (network
interrupt load), enabling "scheduler allocate 3000 1000" (or something
along this line, default is "4000 200" IIRC) will help as this will
force the scheduler to allocate more time to "regular" processes
(including routing protocols, telnet/console/aux shell, etc.).

	oli