[cisco-bba] SAA

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Apr 21 02:10:17 EDT 2005

adama.faye at bell.ca <> wrote on Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:38 PM:

> With "the backup interface", the backup interface is only up if the
> primary is down.

ack.. I mentioned "backup interface" as the only command I am aware of
which explicitly links the state of one interface's link status to
another interface.

> My goal:
>
> Assume that we have two interfaces in the same box: Int1 and int2.
> I would like to force int2 to go down as soon as int1 is down ....

May I ask about the reasoning for such a behavior? PPP Multilink with
"min-links" could be an option.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_
> guide09186a00801d2d74.html) ....

I don't think you can influence interface state with SAA/Object
Tracking. What you might be able to do is to link static routes with
object tracking, i.e. withdraw the static routes pointing to your
interfaces when the SAA probe goes "down" (see
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123newft
/123limit/123x/123xe/dbackupx.htm).

	oli