[cisco-bba] Keepalive mesages on pppoe sessions ????

Prem Anand (hprem) hprem at cisco.com
Fri Aug 19 12:08:52 EDT 2005

________________________________

	From: cisco-bba-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:cisco-bba-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Tihomir Dragas
	Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 5:44 PM
	To: cisco-bba at puck.nether.net
	Subject: [cisco-bba] Keepalive mesages on pppoe sessions ????

	Can I configure something like "keepalive" mesage betwene ADSL
users (CPE work in routing mode) and LAC or LNS? Reason because I ask
this is, when ADSL user restart modem (by power off), PPPoE session is
up on LAC/LNS, and I dont have solution for this issue. I use 7206 for
LAC and LNS also.

	Yes. PPP have keepalive mechanisms.
	You have to configure "keepalive <time>" in the virtual-template
of LNS. The LNS will clear the session, if it doesn't get reply from the
client for 5 keepalives.

	Regards
	Prem

	Thanks,