[cisco-bba] Accounting to tunnel-switched sessions

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Mon Feb 28 01:50:02 EST 2005

> Recently we've upgraded our LNSs (7301's) from 12.3(5a)B to
> 12.3(5a)B4. Seems like a harmless upgrade, but for some reason there's
> a side effect to that:
> Our LNSs send RADIUS start accounting records on PPP sessions that are
> tunnel-switched.

If you configured default network accounting, this is expected behavior.

> In any case - is there any feasible way to stop this behaviour without
> downgrading?

you can do the following

no aaa accounting network
aaa accounting network LOCALPPP start-stop group radius

int virtual-template1
 ppp accounting LOCALPPP

This way accounting records will only be sent for locally terminated
users..

	oli