[cisco-bba] Distinct IP over L2TP/VPDN

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Thu Jul 14 04:25:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

Apologies if this is similar to a previous thread.

Scenario:

7206VXR acting as LNS/HomeGateway for L2TP VPDN sessions/tunnels from
Telco. Authenticate PPP connections via our own RADIUS server.

Problem:

DSL users are allocated user at domain details and some (on request) are
given fixed IP's. These are provided via our RADIUS on connection.
Occasionally users are given the same static IP's ( by mistake :-) ).
When this happens, we see identical next-hop WAN IP's via a 'show
users'. Neither user has connectivity since there is major packet loss.
Understandable.

Question:

Is there any way we can change this behaviour on router so that the
first user on particular IP works, subsequent users who connect  on same
IP have no connectivity at all?

Any body had similar problems?

Thanks,

Mark.