[cisco-bba] Cisco1721+2 x Wic1-ADSL cards

teknik teknik at ankadesign.net
Wed Mar 9 16:56:07 EST 2005

Hi everybody,
I have Cisco 1721 router with two Wic1-ADSL cards, I wanna setup internet connection over two 2048k adsl lines. However, I want to router automaticaly balance the total bandwith, in other words router should balance all incoming request on these two lines and if a problem occur at one of this connections, router should automatically forward requests to 2.nd ADSL line (may be called redundancy or something like that). If it is possible to make two sided balancing (incomig & outgoing ) it is more beneficial to us.
I am new at routing, so you may advice other suitable technologies that correspond our need.
My English is not very good, I tried to explaint in the best way. I really need such a solution, thank you.

here only ONE card is configured, i need to change this configuration to support 2.nd card with solutions that I mentioned above.
--------------------------
hostname Anka1_1721
!
enable password *********
!
ip subnet-zero
ip name-server 212.156.4.4
ip name-server 212.156.4.1
!
interface ATM0
no ip address
no ip mroute-cache
no atm ilmi-keepalive
dsl operating-mode auto
no fair-queue
!
interface ATM0.1 point-to-point
pvc 8/35
pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1
!
!
interface FastEthernet0
description +++ LAN +++
ip address 10.0.0.130 255.255.255.0
ip nat inside
ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
speed 100
hold-queue 100 out
ip nat inside
half-duplex
!
!
interface Dialer0
description +++ ttnet ADSL +++
ip address negotiated
ip mtu 1492
ip nat outside
encapsulation ppp
dialer pool 1
dialer-group 1
no cdp enable
ppp authentication pap callin
ppp pap sent-username *****@ttnet password 0 *******
!
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer0
ip route 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0
!
ip http server
no ip http secure-server
!
ip nat inside source static 10.0.0.100 10.0.1.100
!
access-list 1 permit 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255
dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit
!