[cisco-bba] (no subject)

Andreas Åkre Solberg andreas at solweb.no
Wed May 11 15:47:05 EDT 2005

Hello, I am a very newbie on Cisco IOS. I bought a Cisco 836 to learn
more about IOS, and hopefully be able to setup some QoS on my ADSL
connection.

I have learned that to take advantage of the QoS mechanisms, as class
based weighted fair-queuing, I need to use route bridge encapsulation
rather than IRB, which I am using now. If I am correct the command to
activate RBE is "ATM route-bridged ip" on the atm0 interface.
Unfortunatly, I cannot find any command like atm route-bridged on my
router. I have no clue on what to do now, I would very much
appreciate any tips on how to proceed.

Here is my software: Version 12.3(8)YG1.

And here is my current configuration:

bridge irb
bridge 1 protocol ieee
bridge 1 route ip