[cisco-bba] LNS with 7200 with NPE-G1

Christian Schmit cschmit at vo.lu
Tue Oct 18 16:47:01 EDT 2005

>> Current IP traffic is as follows:
>>
>> 5 minute input rate 29094000 bits/sec, 6718 packets/sec
>> 5 minute output rate 29254000 bits/sec, 6702 packets/sec
>>
>> I noticed that in and out traffic are nearly the same
>> which is not what I expected for ADSL connections where
>> the max upstream is 192 kbit/s and max downstream is 3 Mbit/s.

snn> Unless you have more configuration on the box than specified in previous
snn> messages, all traffic is going in *and* out through physical interface
snn> GigabitEthernet0/1 - your router is a "router on a stick". And in such
snn> cases, having input and output nearly the same is expected.

snn> Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no

Yes, the router only serves as LNS and only gig0/1 is connected.