[cisco-bba] LNS with 7200 with NPE-G1

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Tue Oct 18 16:57:11 EDT 2005

We are also using 7200's as LNS and they are maxing out cpu (95%) at around 3000 L2TP sessions when
tunnels are coming through atm interface and 3500 L2TP sessions when coming through GE interface.

We are now trying 10k, but we already have 25% cpu at 3000 sessions, so 12000 sessions (1/5 of
what's advertised) will probably max its capacity. Also 10k can't do (because of PXF) a lot of
things 7200 does, which is another drawback.

We gonna have some look at Juniper's ERX series during the next months and see how it compares too.