[cisco-bba] L2TP tunnel switching not copying dscp bits betweensession L2TP tunnel switching not copying dscp bits betweensession headers

Tony Redstone tony.redstone at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 15 12:06:31 EDT 2006

Thanks, Oli and Paul!  We'll try the qos-group trick but there's a
couple of hundred Mb/s in and out through the LNS <-> LTS path so I'm
a bit concerned about the cpu expense in doing this.  We're running
12.2(28)SB3.

"However, it still has to be determined whether it should be necessary
to make the changes below or whether the TOS relfect feature needs to
be corrected for the C7X00 platforms."

FWIW, my vote would definitely be to have an additional configuration
option to allow LTS ToS reflection.  In the field, LTS often occurs
between different SPs so maintaining the current behaviour of
resetting the ToS would seem sensible and then have an extension to
the existing command to explicitly enable LTS ToS reflection.   The
qos-group trick seems like a very expensive way of achieving something
which no doubt could be done very cheaply if implemented in the most
appropriate place.

Many thanks again.

Regards,
Tony