[cisco-bba] Multiple vpdn-groups, l2tp and radius...

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Wed Feb 15 12:46:27 EST 2006

Xavier,

you cannot assign the local vpdn-group/virtual-template at user
authentication time, this can only be done when the l2TP session comes
in. The selection is purely based on the tunnel's name (terminate-from
hostname <name> within the vpdn-group). Since you use default
vpdn-groups (no "terminate-from" in the vpdn-group config), all your
sessions will terminate within the group "collecte", the 2nd group is
not used at all.
The destination IP address is not used to select vpdn-groups..

To change this, the LAC (not the LNS) needs to use a different tunnel
name than its hostname, for instance "Tunnel-Client-Auth-ID =
vcollecte", and you configure

vpdn-group vcollecte
 accept-dialin
   protocol l2tp
   virtual-template 2
 source-ip aaa.bbb.fa0.1
 terminate-from hostname vcollecte
 local name tunnel-l2
 lcp renegotiation always
 no l2tp tunnel authentication

I think you need to enable l2tp tunnel authentication, not 100% sure..

Regarding the address redistribution (even though I think it always a
bad idea to redistribute PPP user's /32 into your IGP directly, please
try to summarize): You need to match against ACLs in your route-map..
You cannot match against interfaces as the users are terminated on
virtual-access interfaces which you cannot use in "match interface")..

	oli