[cisco-bba] NPE-G2?

Stephen Fulton cisco-bba at lists.esoteric.ca
Fri May 5 08:40:59 EDT 2006

Mark wrote:

 > I know that NPG-G2 is single core powerpc based and not multicore MIPS
 > based...maybe i can expect better performance with NPE-G1 with MFP

There is a thread on cisco-nsp (see "MPF (was : NPE-G1 throughput, with
and without L2TP)") discussing MFP - and perhaps I've misunderstood, but
it appears MFP support will be dropped after 12.4(4)T, except for bug
fixes to existing versions.

The specs on the NPE-G2, as far as BBA is concerned, suggest aggregation
of up to 16k.  In the real world, that likely means half.  But we won't
know for certain until the first deployments report back.

-- Stephen.