[cisco-bba] BW metric on L2TP VPDN

Mark Tohill Mark at u.tv
Tue Sep 12 05:54:09 EDT 2006

Hi,

Can anyone help me regarding setting the correct BW metric on
Virtual-Access interfaces for L2TP VPDN users.

What dictates the setting of this?

For some users we have the BW set to the incoming interface bandwidth,
in our case STM-1/POS:

Virtual-Access4660 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is Virtual Access interface
  Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback0 (194.46.1.65)
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 155520 Kbit,

For other users, we have BW set, accurately or not:

Virtual-Access9 is up, line protocol is up
  Hardware is Virtual Access interface
  Interface is unnumbered. Using address of Loopback0 (194.46.1.65)
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 565 Kbit

I heard that this was connected to the type of DSLAM?
Is this true?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark