[cisco-bba] AAA & VPDN (Tunnel-Client-Endpoint)

Euan Galloway euang+cisco-bba at lists.eusahues.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 17:25:45 EDT 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 05:12:32PM +0900, Denis V. Schapov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is it possible to get radius attribute 66, Tunnel-Client-Endpoint or it's value on another
> attribute for incoming VPDN (L2TP, PPTP) connections to LNS in Radius authentication
> requests for ppp/network authentication/authorization ?
> Currently this attribute is present only in accounting start/stop/alive.
> LNS is running 12.2(31)SB3x
> Tunnel authentication is disabled.

Hmm. Worrying when you google for the answer to this and all
you find is something else asking it.

Anyone in cisco-bba know?
Trying to get Tunnel-Client-Endpoint (attribute 66) information (even if
actually in another attribute) in the RADIUS Access-Request so that it can
be used in the decision making process. By the time it arrives in
the Start Accounting it's too late.

vpdn questions seem to be pretty randomly distributed between
cisco-bba, cisco-nas and cisco-nsp, but I thought I'd take a punt in here.

--
Euan Galloway