[cisco-bba] External DHCP server doesn't work well for PPPoX customer on Cisco 7206VXR when DHCP address pool constrained

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Oct 20 22:51:53 EDT 2007

Well, there is some benefit, but I'll admit that I debated it myself.  By
using an external DHCP server the help desk person manage all my DHCP pools
from one user interface.  He's not familiar with Cisco gear, but now he can
manage the space for BWA, CM, eMTAs, IP TV, and DSL.

Using an external DHCP server also allows me to log DHCP traffic and
requests.  When I get an abuse report about a certain IP address I can use
the dhcpd.leases file (I keep some history) to identify the source of the
abuse (the username is in the uid).

Regards,

Frank