[cisco-bba] Cisco 7301 as LTS With Hundreds of Domains

Gareth Campling gareth at griffin.com
Tue Apr 8 10:21:16 EDT 2008

Hi

We currently have 8 x 7301'S running as LTS's to terminate ATM from
carrier and switch the tunnel to
3 LNS (2 as primary using priority 1 and backup using priority 2)

Copy of config below

<< From carrier >>

vpdn-group IN-FROM-CARRIER
 accept-dialin
  protocol any
  virtual-template 2
 terminate-from hostname XX-XX-XX
 lcp renegotiation on-mismatch
 l2tp tunnel password 0 XXXXXXX

<< TO LNS FARM >>

vpdn-group OUT-TO-LNS
 request-dialin
  protocol l2tp
 domain 1
 domain 2
 domain 100
 domain 300
 initiate-to ip 1.1.1.1 priority 1
 initiate-to ip 2.2.2.2 priority 1
 initiate-to ip 3.3.3.3 priority 2
 source-ip 9.9.9.9
 local name OUT-TO-LNS
 l2tp tunnel password 0 XXXXXXX

We now have about 300 domains, so the config is very long with every
domain listed in there becomes a nightmare to manage, so my question is
there
Any way to put a wildcard * domain into this tunnel (the box only has 1
request-dialin vpdn group) so that all realms received from carrier and
tunnelled to the LNS's

Thanks in advance

Gareth