[cisco-bba] Dynamic routing over L2TP LNS

Arie Vayner ariev at vayner.net
Thu Jul 17 03:33:02 EDT 2008

Jose,

The ip:route= attribute is more or less the same as the Framed-Route option,
but allows some more tricks, such as adding a "tag XXX" at the end of the
command, and then using this tag as a match criteria for redistribution into
some other routing protocol.

In general, running a routing protocol with many peers from a router would
reduce the scalability, as you would introducing another cpu hungry
process... If you have many peers, and you tune down the hello timers, you
may affect the CPU load of the device.

Arie