[cisco-bba] windows messenger disconnects in periodic moments , in pppoe connection

Ilir Nako inako at abcom.al
Thu Jul 24 10:11:12 EDT 2008

Hi

In our service provider we have about 400 users that are connected with PPPoE connection .The connection is with adsl modems that terminate DSLAMs.
The pppoe is configured in 7200 router .

The problem is that the windows messenger disconect in periodic moment every 5 min for example.In this time they can navigate in internet .

The configuration of virtual-template is like this:

interface Virtual-Template161
 mtu 1492
 ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/2.161
 ip nat inside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 peer default ip address pool pppoevlan161
 ppp mtu adaptive
 ppp authentication pap
 ppp multilink

bba-group pppoe pppoevlan161
 virtual-template 161
 sessions per-vc limit 500
 sessions per-mac limit 1
 sessions per-vlan limit 1024
ip local pool pppoevlan161 192.168.160.5 192.168.161.253

Have somebody experienced this problem ?

Ilir Nako
ABCom Development Dept
Email: inako at abcom.al ; cel 0682152835
TIRANE - ALBANIA