[cisco-bba] HWIC-4SHDSL for connecting 32 Branch Offices

Yashar Nadjafzadeh Zonouz zonouz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 07:53:22 EDT 2008

Hello

Please give me the required guideline for configuring up to 32 permanent
virtual circuits (PVC) per HWIC-4SHDSL if it is feasible.

I am using a CISCO3845 router with two of HWIC-4SHDSL and the IOS of
S384AESK9-12415T.

With this IOS version, HWIC-4SHDSL can create maximum of two ATM interfaces
(using dsl-group command, each dsl group will create one ATM Interface) and
I can create maximum of 8 ATM sub-interface (PVC configured) per each ATM
interface.

However, I know that Cisco in the datasheet of "Cisco Symmetric High-Bitrate
DSL High Speed WAN Interface Cards for Cisco Integrated Services Routers"
which includes both 2-pair (HWIC-2SHDSL) and 4-pair (HWIC-4SHDSL) modules,
mentioned that they can only "Sustains up to 8 permanent virtual circuits
(PVCs) per HWIC".

In my scenario, I want to connect 64 branch offices to my HQ office. Each
branch office connects with a 64Kbps link to WAN and I want to use this 3845
router in the HQ and connect a group of 32 branch offices to one of HWIC
modules that installed on the 3845. Do you have any better Idea?

Regards,

Yashar