[cisco-bba] Help with VPDN Group config

Andy Saykao andy.saykao at staff.netspace.net.au
Tue Apr 7 02:11:02 EDT 2009

Hi Tony,

Up to a week ago, we did it the way you are doing it where each VPDN
group referenced a single LAC. We spoke to another ISP whose doing it
the new way where one VPDN group can service any number of LACs.  We're
doing this on a number of LNS in other States and it works fine (and it
certainly makes the LNS config much cleaner and shorter). The only
difference with the other LNS is that they terminate L2TP tunnels within
the same state. The problem we're having with this particular LNS is
that we're trying to terminate L2TP tunnels from two different states
but from the same Upstream Provider. How we've overcome this is to leave
the default VPDN group in to service StateX (which has 20+ LACS) and
reconfigure each VPND group individually for StateY (which only has like
5-6 LACs). This seems to have fixed the problem. But we would like to
move the individual VPDN groups for StateY to a single VPDN group. When
we do this, L2TP connections from StateY somehow reference the default
VPDN group set up for StateX.

Thanks.

Andy