[cisco-bba] PPPoE Mid-session Shaping/Policing

Patrick Wu pwu828 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 23:36:53 EST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I have a L2TP/PPPoE setup in a 7206VXR and is working fine. What I now want
to do is to implement dynamic shaping/policing on the PPPoE services. ie, I
would like to shape/police a PPPoE service without disconnecting the
session.

I believe this can be implemented using RADIUS attributes? But not sure how
it is done exactly if it is possible at all. I'm already using RADIUS
attributes to shape/police PPPoE sessions when they login initially, I now
need to change the shaper/policer rate mid-session without disconnecting.

Any one with any info or point me in the right direction would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

Patrick