[cisco-bba] VPDN session stuck in wiccn state ?

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 20:34:31 EDT 2009

Hi Andy,

According to the command reference the valid "states" are:

===========
Status for the individual user in the tunnel; can be one of the following states:
•est
•opening
•open
•closing
•closed
•waiting_for_tunnel

The waiting_for_tunnel state means that the user connection is waiting until the main tunnel can be brought up before it moves to the opening state.

One thing I can see from your output is that all of the sessions with this state are on the same tunnel (TunID: 21116). Do you have any other sessions that are working on this same tunnel ?

Is it happening across all of your LNS, or just one ? When you upgraded did you change IOS ? What IOS version are you running ? Have you tried a different IOS ? Does a reboot fix the problem ?

Did the LAC provider ("T" or "O" ?) have to change anything on their end as part of the changes ? They will always say that everything is ok, doesn't mean it is :)

Given that I can't find any reference to that particular state either, it's looking like possibly a bug and you should probably log a case with TAC :(

regards,
Tony.