[cisco-bba] Routing Strategies for Multiple LNSes

Matthew Melbourne matt at melbourne.org.uk
Sun Apr 25 14:04:37 EDT 2010

We are looking to update our LNS configurations to improve resiliency, by
adding LNSes and removing static routing. What do most SPs do in terms of
best practice for advertising customer routes (e.g. single static addresses,
and routed subnets) into their network. I am looking to make my LNSes BGP RR
clients, but am concerned about the churn on the BGP processes as users
disconnect and reconnect - is this an issue in practice (the routers to
which the LNSes ould connect do currently have full routing tables)  - but
this has to be preferable to even considering using an IGP for 2000+
prefixes :-)

Cheers,

Matt

--